Friday, July 20, 2007

A death in the family

I have been informed today by my father that my mother called him earlier in the day to tell him that my cat passed away. He was hit by a car... but must not have suffered much, which is the only possible fact that I can find solace in.

Chairman Meow. I named him that because he was so vocal. He ate a little more than most cats, I suppose his love of food was what did him in in the end...

I had him since he was a kitten. He would wait for me outside like a dog whenever I came home and run up to me like a dog. He'd sit in my lap, purring his snorkel purr, while I pet him.

Since I left overseas and came back, I haven't been at my parents' house enough to hang out with him. I'd give him lots of love every time I came by, and Tari would whenever she stopped by, but I wish I could have been there for him, one last time, to give him the love I always gave him.




I'm going to miss you, my cat... and if I'm in heaven when I die, I hope you'll be there to see me. :'(

No comments: